Please bookmark our new website address - many thanks
ALL VISITS ARE ON A STRICT
APPOINTMENT BASIS ONLY
>> Please only email us - thank you <<
Area: Surrey & Hants
Email for Donation / Gift Aid enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email for website queries/additions: email@example.com
Please do not be offended if we do not return your email or call, we receive 100's of calls and emails each day and (being a tiny centre) it takes ages to process them all. We hope you will understand. Thank you.
All viewing is by strict appointment only - do not visit unless you have made definate arrangements. We do not have volunteers to man the phones or check the emails. We cannot guarantee to return all calls or reply to all emails.
we are CLOSED Sundays
If you are interested in offering a home to any of our dogs, please EMAIL and include all the details asked for below. Please provide us with a landline telephone number as well as a mobile number. We cannot afford to keep calling mobile numbers back. If you email us more than once, please copy all the original information (as below) from your initial email into the follow up email, sometimes we receive so many emails that it is not possible to 'link up' original emails and the follow-ups you send.
Would you kindly email Valgrays the following details please to firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT: Please make sure you put the following in the 'subject' line of your email: Name of dog you are interested in, your name, your home town & county, your home phone number - example: 'SASHA' Fred Blogs, Merstham, Surrey 01881 010101 - thank you - not doing this may cause us to miss your email ..
1. Your Full Name, age, home address & phone number (landline and mobile).
2. Hours worked / hours dog will be left
3. Numbers and ages of adults and children in the home (including visiting children)
4. Other pets in property (type and age if dogs, are they entire)
5. Experience of collies in the past?
6. Do you do any type of training (agility, pet training, etc)
7. Are you prepared to take dog to basic training classes and do you already have a club where you took previous dogs (name club please)?
8. If the dog happened to have any problems how and where are you prepared to get help with this?
9. Can you email us photos of your garden/security/fencing/gates?
10. Type of property (terraced/detached etc)
11. Any ponds or streams or swimming pools at the property?
12. How 'houseproud' are you?
13. Are you REALLY prepared for muddy dogs, muddy paw prints, hair shedding, possible furniture chewing/dogs getting on furniture, exercising in all weathers, all year - day in day out, and housetraining accidents?
14. What are you looking for in a rescue dog? (Dog/Bitch, age, calm/fun, can you cope with exciteable and training issues etc)
IMPORTANT ADVICE: If you really decide that you do not want a rescue dog please visit this good advice site about buying pups and what happens if it goes wrong .. also gives advice on the breeds that are banned (ie illegal to own) (Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino, FIla Braziliero, also banned are crossbreeds containing one or more of these listed breeds. Banned dogs are often advertised with other names - see this site for the common variations): ADVICE ON BUYING A DOG HERE
PS: Please NEVER buy a puppy from a pet shop .. they are almost certainly obtained from the horrors of a 'puppy farm' .. see puppy farm link here: ANTI PUPPY FARM WEBSITE